Friday, March 28, 2008

Some new music...

I remember back when I was starting this blog, I thought I was not going to write too much about my musical taste, for it is too abstract and ever-shifting to give an extact explaination of it, but it usually is best discussed in terms of language than in genre. So anyways, today I got two new albums. The first is the japanese band The Pillows' album "Wake Up! Wake Up! Wake Up!". The second was the Japanese composer Yoko Shimomura's best of album entitled"drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura-". this is is more or less completely intrumental. Somus is one of, if not the only, song that has vocals (plus its the song playing in the background of the FF:XIII trailer up on this blog. Been looking for this one for a long while now...) She has composed many songs for well known games such as Kingdom Hearts and the upcoming Final Fantasy Versus XIII. She also just so happens to be my third favorite composer from Japan so I've been waiting for this disk to come out.

Favorite songs from "Wake Up! Wake Up! Wake UP!" - Wake up! dodo; スケアクロウ; Century Creepers(Voice of the Proteus); Skinny Blues.

Favorite songs from "drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura-" - Somnus (of course...); The 13th Anthology; The Other Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment