Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Pope is near

Pope Benedict XVI is now visiting America. Today was the first day of his tour of America so to kick-start it all off, he met with President Bush - I even hear old Bushy went to pick him up at the airport. If thats true, I have no idea... So yea, not that I'm overly religious or anything but his visit has now began to poke at my interest. It seems like many people, namely catholic teachers, are planning to go and already have gone on strike to raise awareness about their lack of a "decent" paycheck. All of this has me paying more attention to the Pope more recently - reminded me of how I find something off settling about his holiness. I, in no way, shape, or form mean any disrespect to anyone who is catholic but he just makes me feel odd. He gives off some weird vibes that I can't truly explain well, but its there. Now I know about the whole thing with him being a Hitler Youth when he was younger - and indeed that did raise my eyebrows in alarm, still sort of does - but it would seem like he had no choice in that - once again, I can't help but to question that but oh well...

In this life time, I have only seen two Popes in action, this one being the second, but I find that next to the one we had before him, he seems less "Pope-like". And I'm not the only one to notice this. Quite a generous amount of people have agreed with me about all of this. So if I'm crazy I'm not the only one...

No comments:

Post a Comment