Thursday, January 31, 2008

Walking around manhattan

Lately I've been feeling the need for travel. I suppose that this feeling has been building up over the years, but now that I have chances to quench it I find it has more force over me. And since I was out of school for most of this week (I go back tomorrow) I has given a lot of free time. So Tuesday and Wednesday I walked around lower Manhattan with a cousin of mine. She does not get to come to Manhattan much seeing has how her life is centered in Brooklyn so she was more than willing to tag along with me. On the first day we walked aimlessly from 14th and 9th to about 7th and Bleecker street. The sky was overcast, looming over us with the threat of rain but it was still fun to simply walk around with doing nothing else but looking at the sights. Wednesday was a bit more interesting though. We managed to reach chinatown and the financial district. Its an odd thing, walking from one side of an island to the next. Though at that point of the island its not that wide across, it still felt like walking through so many different little words. It really did make me realize that I and so many others take this city for granted. Also that I really want a camera. If I had one would I'd have so many great pictures to post up here now. Thus, I want to see if I can get my hands on one for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment