Monday, January 21, 2008

linguistic social networking websites

I've began to play around with something that seems to be the social language learner's dream. livemocha.com is the one i'm currently using. I think its a pretty cool idea. You get to socialize (if thats your thing...) and learn something new. Also you get to talk to people who you, most likely, would never talk to. As a matter-a-fact, as I was writing this post, someone learning English sent me a message and we started talking. It was interesting to hear her reason behind learning this language. It just made me think about how much of a good thing these sites are.

I'm also wondering about what it can do for me. But in order to find out the results I need to use it a bit more, thus I may post some more about it later. In the meantime, I must say thanks to the person who informed me about it. Thank you ted.

No comments:

Post a Comment