Sunday, January 13, 2008

An interesting school issue

At my school, there are some issues being shed to light. Things seems to be falling apart. If you would remember an earlier post about the 9th graders and how I hate them, please understand that I am not the only one who does. They recently made one of their teachers quit. She did not even reach the end of the term with them. She just up and left. And now, the staff is scrambling to find a replacement. And of course, the search is not going well.
In addition to this, the school is in a frenzy over the existence of a camera on the fourth floor. There are some students who feel that is wrong for them to be watching us but I disagree. I have no problem, whatsoever, with being watched. In fact I welcome it. I see that the school's quality is dropping and I am not the only one who sees this. The majority of people who I've spoken to feel the same way. The one thing that was a problem was that we were not warned about it. And I understand that however, when you take into account the reason why it was even put up on in the first place its obvious why we were not told before it was placed. It was in response to claims of sexual harassment from girls in the 9th or 10th grade. More evidence as to why I have problems with them. And as wrong as it may seem for me to say this, in the back of my head I can't help but think that some of the incidents were possibly provoked by the girls in the first place. Of course that is no excuse for the behavior, but when you make your bed you must lay in it as well.
This up coming Wednesday is when the school will come to a decision about the cameras. I'm pretty sure of what it will be. Things have gotten out of control and now its time to fix it. Nevertheless, may I suggest beginning to kick out kids that we know are problems. I would like to avoid any collapse in my school's social structure until after I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment