Monday, August 18, 2008

Will you be joining Blog Action Day 2008?

This sounds interesting.

On October 15th, there is a big network blogging event going down and it would appear that everyone is invited. To quote the website:

"Blog Action Day is an annual nonprofit event that aims to unite the world's bloggers, podcasters and videocasters, to post about the same issue on the same day. Our aim is to raise awareness and trigger a global discussion. "

I'm really intrigued by all of this - a well thought out and designed "blog carnival" like gathering to take part in, especially after my failed attempt to organize my own. According to the site's archives they started this event last year with the topic being on the environment. This year's theme is poverty.

So, I now bring to you, my fellow bloggers and alike, this following question: Will you participate? Its for a good cause and will definitely be a great chance to make connections with other bloggers. For those two reasons I'm more than likely going to join. Plus, October 15th is long enough away to start familiarizing yourself with the issue at hand and to begin drafting out ideas.

Now the only problem I can foresee is how am I going to post good material if I'm school? (October 15th is a Wednesday, if I'm not mistaken.)

3 comments:

  1. nah, remember its all day and by then a lot of the great ideas will have already been discussed. I want to be in the action as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete